Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 month ago

How do I get over my anxiety that the Christmas Season will be non-existent in terms of celebrations this year due to COVID-19?

For example will my parents and maybe my brother and his wife be the only souls I can see on earth? My sister has children so has not left her house with them since March and only allows people to see them through the window. My other brother lives in Arizona so he is out of the picture until there is a vaccine and my parents welcome my visits but note not to visit anyone else in the family until there is a vaccine.

All travel this summer was cancelled and an annual reunion was cancelled. I have basically stopped living since March. How do I get over my anxiety that Christmas will be staying away from all other then my parents and maybe one brother and his wife?

Favorite Answer

Christmas is considered by many to be a time to celebrate the birth of the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Have you considered that maybe your celebrations are not pleasing to Him?  Maybe Covid is God's way of getting people's attention - getting them to focus on the purpose of life; which is to get to know and serve our Creator and Savior and to get prepared for eternity.  I suggest that you read the New Testament and would recommend starting with the Gospel of John.  I urge you to ask Jesus into your life now  and follow Him.  These are the end times.  

Regarding anxiety, look up Philippians 4:6-8.