Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 months ago

Can I fly to another state (Ohio) without a driver's license or State ID of any kind, but only a valid passport?

And if so, when I arrive in Ohio, can I acquire an Ohio State ID just using my Passport and SSN card? Even though I don't have State ID for the state I just came from?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes and yes.

Even after Real ID goes into effect this October and ordinary state driver's licenses will not be good enough to fly, a valid US passport will still get you on a plane for a domestic flight.  Once you are in Ohio, you can apply for an Ohio ID or an Ohio driver's license, but you can't have both.

See this to see what you need to get that Ohio ID.  You have the passport and SS CARD - you must show the card - but you will need two documents showing your current Ohio address.

https://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv2424.pdf

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes, you can fly anywhere in the U.S. with a U.S. Passport. The states also have to accept passports as a form of ID because a passport is a federal document.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Your valid passport is the gold standard for ID and it can be used for domestic flight. 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Your current passport is acceptable.  You should get an ID from your home state, however.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

A passport is ID...

A state ID requires 2 other forms of ID..   Birth certificate, SS card, military ID, passport are all examples of ID...

You may need proof of residency (however I dont recall needing to show proof of such when I got my ID here in Ohio)

• 10 months ago

Yes, a passport is ID.  You can get an Ohio ID if you can show residency in Ohio, look up what they require.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.