Mier
Lv 5
Mier asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Baseball is back - thoughts and opinions?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Too bad it has to be a shorten season.

• 1 month ago

it's like an x gf that never gave you a good bj.  they say they're back... but only want a ride to many doctors for drugs.  you ask for the first ever bj before you take her on her drug rounds with doctors.  she says you're abusive. you run like Richard pryor on fire away from her. she beats her own head on the street and tells the cops that you hit her.  the cops all foike her and hunt you down and beat hell out of you.

that is not as bad as allowing ****** baseball players to play this year.

• 2 months ago

Nope. If they actually play, it is a little more than spring training then some “expanded playoff” nonsense. Not interested in some kind of bastardized version.

• Daisy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I miss baseball-- it will be nice having some sports back-  even if the games are played without fans and with lots of precautions.

Let's hope it goes off well and everyone is safe.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It will be a vhallenge to keep it going with the numbers of infections these days. Hopefully it will be better in July.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i'll believe it when i see it.  would be an interesting year nonetheless and if it finishes.  but it's still a long ways away.  

• 2 months ago

To paraphrase Yogi Berra - it ain't back until it's back. Only a framework is in place.  If the virus continues to increase among players and staff as it has shown recently, there can be a total shutdown still, or again, after they start to play a few games.

• 2 months ago

A couple of players and staffers from the Phillies have tested positive, the team announced yesterday, so I restate my belief that Manfred and the owners are making a huge mistake. But then greed does that, doesn't it? It forces stupid people to do stupid things.

Will players be given an opportunity to opt out if they decide the risks of playing are too great? The Cubs let Ben Zobrist take personal leave last season so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

I know that rosters will be increased but what if a team suddenly has 5 players test positive? Where will replacements come from since MiLB teams aren't playing?

Is this the best time to be trying gimmicks like using the runner on 2nd base rule for extra innings? 102 games will be eliminated and now they want to end the games that are played as quickly as possible. What's up with that?

Do we really NEED baseball this year? This would be a great time to teach the players and owners a lesson, namely that MLB isn't as important to people as they think.

In fact, on the list of things we need in this country pro sport ranks about 6,969th. Pro sports is entertainment devised to distract those of us who actually do contribute something to society from the nonsense going on around us. These self-important trained animals aren't needed and their opinions and social commentary are not appreciated. 

They need to keep their mouths shut, collect their bloated paychecks, and do what they're paid to do: Play a game. They're out of their depth when it comes to anything else.

• 2 months ago

Randolmy, in no particular order... We'll see how far they get.  60 games is better than none.  It will be interesting to see where replacements come from for injured players with no minor leagues to dip into.  No fans is no big deal to me as I watch on TV but the first few games will talk about little else.  Play Ball!

• 2 months ago

I'm glad to see it back....we need more sports to get a break from all the nonsense 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.