Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

Did I go too far by evoking Trump's name in this conversation to get back at a conservative friend?

Asian guy here.

-White conservative, Mormon Friend just texted me if I ever ate at at burger joint. Asked me if I ever ate there; and asked me my favorite restaurant.

-I said yes. I asked him his favorite restaurant.

-Friend never asked me his favorite restaurant, but texted me that I may like P.F. Chang's. This was quite random and annoyed me.

-As an Asian American it annoyed me that he just randomly brought up a Asian restaurant, so I said "True. I wish that I could eat out with you guys but covid is all over Utah. I wish Trump were not president."

I think he knew that I brought up Trump to get "revenge" on P.F. Chang's comment. Was I being overly sensitive and to serious? Thoughts? Should I of just let it go instead of looking like a hard ***?

* too serious

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

We don't know your friend or his intentions. I'll just say that no actual Chinese people I know consider PF Chang's to be "Asian food". Ditto Panda Express. But by all means let's all be hypersensitive because that's had such a positive outcome in our nation of late. Signed, A Jew who's been told "Hitler was right" yet didn't feel the need to go to war over it. Sometimes it's better to be the bigger person and just ley the ignorants amuse themselves. 

you could always apologize if you think you did something wrong

You didn't go too far at all. He was being a condescending racist a$$hole and you smacked him down. 

• g

You looked like an idiot. Learn to let **** go.

• well mormons wear special magical underpants you can ask him that