Has China lost its credibility?

(Except for PAK & NEPAL )

Favorite Answer

Asian nations, including China and the SE Asia peninsular nations, are culturally corrupt.  I lived in Vietnam and saw that corruption first hand.

I saw, for example, the use of an Expediter who was paid to expedite getting a renewed driver's license for my Vietnamese driver.  The Expediter paid each clerk and official some bribe money to keep the license request moving, to expedite the process.  

If I didn't use the Expediter, it would have taken a month or more to get that renewed license.  With the Expediter and the bribery money, it took just a couple of days.

Totally illegal, even by Vietnamese law, but everyone did it and no  one was arrested for it.  Their business culture is totally corrupt by American standards.  

If you study international business you will find that one of the major obstacles US businesses have when dealing with Asian groups is that they, the Asians, expect bribes and kickbacks as part of the business deal.  But all that is illegal and enforced by the FTC and other business agencies in the US.

My point is simple...knowledgeable Americans know that China will cheat and extort whenever they can.  So China never had credibility with American international business.

• Robert

Credibility? China?  When did they have any of it to lose?   How's the air there today?  

never had any as far as I'm concerned .....................