Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

i'm more attracted to fairer skinned women that darker skinned women. Am I racist?

btw i am myself a brown guy, ik it doesn't make much sense. Sorry if I offended anyone as well, yet i am just being honest and I just wanna know if this is racist of me. ps: i still treat all women with the same amount of respect, no matter the colour

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People keep asking questions like this, and the truth about attraction is, it's all about how our brains are wired.  If we date people who are a different skin tone than us, but don't date people of our own race, it's got nothing to do with racism.  It's got everything to do with preferences.  I'd imagine that, once in a while, it MIGHT have something to do with racism, but a person has to take assessment of themselves and decide whether they are a racist.  Because being a racist is all about believing a certain type of people are inferior to you and not good enough. Attraction is just one of those mysteries of life, and we can't help who we are attracted to..... these are  two different things.

• Imp
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

No, it's only a superficial preference.

• 3 months ago

everyone has preferences, it's no biggie man, some people find different hair color, or skin color, or eye color more appealing to them personally, and you're allowed to do so, at the end of the day it's up to you who you date and you're allowed to have a type

• martin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's not racist at all, but just means that you have decided, for your own good, to hook up with someone with lighter skin.  You have the right to be attracted to whomever you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Nope just a personnel preference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.