Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Should I go to the doctor or am I exaggerating?

I got lidocaine injected into my cheek before getting filler and one of my eyes immediately started twitching. It now feels cloudy, sore, and my eye is a little blurry. I asked someone who works there if its normal and they said it is but when I googled my symptoms, a couple of webpages said its rare and to seek medical attention if I had twitching and blurry vision. I dont want to go permanently blind but I also dont know if im exaggerating. Should I call my doctor's office and ask them if I'll be alright or should I make an appointment? It takes at least two weeks to see my doctor after making an appointment. ugh i dont know what to do :/

• Andy C

Lidocaine wears off.   The twitching will likely stop.  If it doesn't,  see the doctor. 

Lidocaine disrupts nerve function.   Twitching seems like a very plausible side effect.   Your blurry vision indicates that you need glasses.

If lidocaine disabled the small muscles that flex your lens, you need glasses. 

Any place that is injecting lido should have a medical director, call and speak to them. Try telehealth as well - a regular GP may not know much about this, a plastic surgeon or a derma may.

The lidocaine was likely coincidental. Thank goodness you have two eyes.

maybe you should go to the er and get it checked out there