how can I clear a jam in my brother  printer?

how can  I clear a jam in my brother printer

• keerok

Pull out the paper gently. Be careful not to tear it. If a piece gets left behind inside, even if just a teeny tiny one, you still have to get it out. It's usually easier to pull from the front as that is the normal direction but if just a little went in then try from the back first.

I jammed mine Sunday - because I fed glossy cardstock thru the rear input, and forgot to indicate the paper type.  Got it cleaned as per instructions - but will be more careful next time.  Should have know better.

inspect carefully for bits of paper and disassemble as much as needed to get them out.  tweezers may be required, or even a very sharp, think knife

Your brother is a printer?

Clear any loose paper from the paper tray. This will help you locate the jam. You will find it either in front, near the paper tray, or in the back, by opening the rear door.

Be sure there is no paper or debris hidden anywhere. Open up the rear door and use a flashlight to explore the inside. If you see any paper, have patience in trying to remove it, now gently pull using a side to side motion. If you use a tool for assistance, like a pair of tweezers, or pair of needle nose pliers, put some tape on the jaws of the pliers to help prevent the shredding of the paper.

Another good item to have handy is a can of compressed air. This can be used to blow out any built up dust or fine paper particles that may be embedded inside the printer and on the sensors after much use.

It also could also be a false positive, so

Reboot your computer

Here is additional help from this HP link that may also work for you

Open every "door" look for the paper,

Open the machine to view and remove the Ink cartridges.

Then feel the ejection port at the top or rear.

Remove any paper found. 

Try YouTube videos.

I found the paper blockage in the exit port (unlisted in the search) by feel.