Should I give my 20 year old daughter money or is she old enough to make her own way?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You don't need to give her any money for anything. Your 20-year-old daughter is old enough to get a job and make her own money. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

At 20 she should have a job and be supporting herself. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I’ve been on my own since 18, sorry no sympathy for her here 

• 1 month ago

Our girls started working part time when they were in high school.

There is no reason that a 20 year old needs financial support from parents.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Is she a toddler or in preschool?  This is the category you've posted this in......

Anyway, she needs to have a job, her own place and living on her own.  DO NOT give her any money!

• 1 month ago

Id never hand a 20 year old money. They need to work for it.

Did they vacuum the house, clean floors

Walk the dog clean up poop

If they live with you they should be paying and helping.

Daily they should be looking for work

• 2 months ago

wait till she is out of high school

• 2 months ago

What are her circumstances?  What does she need it for?  Will it be a gift or a loan?  Will these requests be ongoing or is it a one-time request?  Do you agree with her buying the item she needs money for.  

What are your circumstances?  Can you afford to give/lend the money?  Would you buy the item as a gift for  her?  Do you see the reason for her to ask for the money?  

Talk to her so that you understand her position 

• 2 months ago

Is time for her to earn her own money so she should have part time job that doesn’t interfere with college, this is for her to pay for small stuff like cloth, snacks, movies, phone, etc. And you can help her with big bills like college, car, etc.

If she’s not in school she should work full time and pay for everything by her own and hopefully she rather go back to school ;)

• 2 months ago

Depends on the circumstances.  Hers and yours.  If she is going to school and you have enough money, then I would say to give what you can.  If she is temporarily out of work, and you have lots, then give it to her this one time.

If she has no good reason, then you should have not given her anything for the last 2 years

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.