Were you a fan of Tamla Motown music ?

Favorite Answer

Motown was the best....I loved Marvin Gaye especially when he used to duet with such greats as Tammi Terrell...Sadly those days have passed,never to return..

Born & raised in Windsor, Ontario, 5,128 ft . (1.563 km.) from Detroit, I listened to C.K.L.W.  It was the Windsor radio station that hyper-promoted "Motown" (it even tried to over The Beatles in early 1964).  Inundated with "the Detroit Sound," I still remember Berry Gordy's original recording of "Money (That's What I Want)" from the summer of '59.  I'm sure I've heard a lot of "Motown" stuff that you've never heard.  While I liked a lot of it, my musical torch wasn't really lit until The Beatles began "The British Invasion" in earnest.  I 1st heard them in late 1963 on a Toronto station during a visit to an aunt who lived there.        

• Kathy

Not really..................