Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesSubaru · 2 months ago

Subaru Crosstrek? ?

Is it comfortable as well as sturdy? Is it comfy to sit in? Can you drive in snowy/muddy conditions, and tow with it?

Yes, yes, yes and the newest model has a larger, more powerful engine as well.

• Anton

Comfortable?  Probably.  Sturdy?  Just about any new vehicle is solidly built.  Comfy to sit?  You have to plop your butt in one -- go to a dealer and see.  Drive in whatever?  Depends on the driver, you can find idiots everywhere.  Tow?  Manufacturer says you can tow 1,500 pounds.

Engine is an 4H, 2 liter.  My car is a 3I, 1 liter,  does over 85 mph on the Interstates.  The Crosstrek can do over 100 mph.  How stupidly fast do you need to go?  The base vehicle has a 6-speed manual transmission.

I would not buy one. It only has a 2.0L combined with a cvt and weights 3200 pounds plus the awd adds strain to that little engine. I would not buy it will probably be underpowered.