cj asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 2 months ago

Is the Star Spangled Banner a hard song to sing?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Not for a trained singer. It's difficult  If for some singers because of the leaps in the melody and the range of the song. It's not hard if the singer sings it in a key that's appropriate for his/her vocal range.

• 2 months ago

It would be for me because I don't know the words.

• RJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is difficult for untrained voices to sing.  However, it is not too difficult for skilled singers, provided that they choose the right key 

Source(s): I am a professional singer
  • 2 months ago

Total range is an octave and a fifth. That's pretty large. But, on the other hand, its one of those songs where getting the right note really isn't important. Like This Land Is Your Land, that you are singing is way more important than how well you are singing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is not a hard song to sing.

• sam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It's harder than most national anthems to sing. The large jump between 'were so gallantly streaming' and 'and the rockets red glare' is a big stretch for most people.

Its also hard to sing as a group, since most people will only be able to sing the song properly in one or two keys. If you get a large group, the key selected will be too high for some and two low for others. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.