Are people friendly in Los Angeles?

There are a lot of people here.  I would say, by and large, the people are friendlier and more laid back than many other big cities like New York and Paris, but there are also a lot of aggressive types as well.  Expect rudeness in non-residential neighborhoods like any big city.  In the suburbs, people are pretty cool.

Lots of homeless, too, that you will absolutely run into if you visit the popular tourist sites.  Most of them are on meth or crack and as such can be real a**holes. 

Angelinos will most likely be helpful if you ask the for help, instead of making you feel like a piece of garbage like they would in New York.  

However, there are certain places you might want to avoid, like downtown's skid row and Fashion District, Watts, and Boyle Heights.  Of course "South L.A." which used to be called "South Central L.A." is really bad too.  They are crime ridden or dominated by gangs. 

Also, since the passage of Propositions 47 and 57, a lot of crimes, like theft, are virtually unpunished, so those numbers have skyrocketed by 9% in the past few years.  I would argue that is not friendly behavior at all.

I live in South L.A. and the brutal truth is that they generally are not.  People here are crazy and they will pick a fight with you over almost every little thing which is why I almost exaggerate keeping to myself and being incredibly selective about who I associate with.  Move out here if you must, I won't tell you what to do, just be prepared for aggressive panhandlers, drug pushers, rude, rowdy people, heavy traffic, package thieves and nasty motorists if you can handle that 

Yes, in Culver City and Burbank specifically. Malibu has some snooty types because it’s a well-off area. West Hollywood is a bit dodgy with crime - best not to look at people too hard into their eyes or they’ll think you’re looking for a challenge.

some are some not!!!!

You can find friendly people in the Bible-believing churches.  I recommend Baptist.  But that is true in every state. 

• Foofa

Some are, some aren't. Just like any other city. 

• emily5

I think some people in Los Angeles is friendly person. Have a Good Day and Take Care. Be Good and Good Bye.

Source(s): What I Know.

We can't generalize the attitude of +4 million people.