Why does my mom think she's allowed to give me unwanted and unwelcome criticism over how I spend my money? I am 27?

The Court gave her that authority when they appointed her your legal guardian due to your mental health issues.

It's just that simple.  Unhappy?  THEN MOVE INTO A FACILITY FOR PEOPLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.

• .

Because she IS. Anyone is. You can't disallow someone to criticize you or offer advice, but you can walk away and refuse to listen to it. Don't share info with her about how you spend your money or what you earn. If you dislike her input, politely tell her.

.

Move your question to Family & Relationships>Family as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Mail>Abuse and Spam and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers). You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• SOT3

Gosh, I'm 62 and still get some of that. She is your Mom and she has earned that respect. She will always mother you no matter how old your grow.

Maybe she's trying to give you sage advice in a prickly way.