will i still get $600 from edd if i go back to work?

if i do go back to work, will i still be able to get the $600 a week on top of my paychecks until the end of july when it ends? or does the weekly $600 go away once you are back at work.

i make roughly $170 a week from work

im recieving $800 a week currently.any suggestions please, i'm a college student taking 3 classes this summer semester i only work 8 hours a week and i'm receiving what feels like 20x more than what i actually make and i don't want to go back.. its also too soon while the virus is present. my boss is expecting a response from me tomorrow

(california)

Favorite Answer

In California:

$200 is from your work history

$600 is from PUA.

If you earn over $200, you will get nothing except the money will be available for future weeks.

If you earn less than $200, you will get the $200 minus what you earn plus $600.

However, the money that is your claim amount is not lost for 1 full year (your claim period).

I believe the $600 is already added to your claim and will not be taken away. I can't guarantee this.... because I don't work for EDD, but when I look at my friend's claim that's the way it is.So if you normally earn $170 and you continue filing unemployment if you make under $200... you will get the $30 each week until next year (or your claim money runs out)

• Eva

You do not get it once you go back to work. That said, if your boss calls you back to work and you refuse to go, you get reported to unemployment and you're cut off then too. Since your risk of exposure is relatively small, I doubt you can use that as a reason not to go back.  You've received a windfall that you really don't deserve.

• Judy

no.....................................................

The $600 was scheduled to end July 31, even if your employer doesn't let you go back to work.

If you decide not to go back to work without a good reason, then all money from EDD stops immediately.

If you decide not to go back to work so that you can keep getting money from EDD, then all money from EDD stops immediately.

If you go back to work full time, then you do not get any money from EDD while you are working full time.

If you go back to work part time, then you might be able to continue collecting some money, but even if you were able to continue receiving something, the $600 would still stop July 31.

You can say your goodbyes now. You’ll stop getting it when you go back to work, and you’ll also stop getting it if you refuse to go back to work. 

The virus will be “present” forever, and new viruses will come along too. I love welfare as much as you do, but we can’t all stay on it forever.