Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

Are other people grossed out by pregnant women’s gas?

I’m a girl and the concept is kind of gross to me. I’ve known pregnant women but maybe I wasn’t around them enough to notice that. Ofc I want to be pregnant one day and that won’t stop me but it’s gross to me. I hear all these stories if husbands talking about , oh my wife farts a ton now and they smell so bad I have to sleep on the couch. Or I’m pregnant and I just fart whenever I want and I don’t even bother saying excuse me anymore. Like Ik sometimes when your pregnant it slips out because of your muscles being weaker do to pressure. But like pushing them out constantly just seems rude to me pregnant or not

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

I don't recall being any more gassy than usual while I was pregnant, but I suppose it could happen. And personally, I wouldn't blame anyone for getting grossed out by ANYONE'S gas. I understand that sometimes, it just kind of slips out with no warning, but for the most part, I think that adults are capable of excusing themselves instead of just subjecting everyone around them to their odors. Also, there's medications that can be taken to solve the problem of gassiness, so it really shouldn't be a lingering issue, pregnant or not.

• LizB

When you're actually pregnant, a little extra gassiness will be the least of your concerns.

• Edna

I have never known ANY pregnant women who "fart" excessively while they're pregnant.

That's very common in Trollsville.

You're clearly a troll. Pregnant women don't fart more. 

• Jill

Everyone farts. I don't recall farting any more than normal when I was pregnant. Certainly no one ever complained about bad smells.