In police shooting at Atlanta, some accuse the victim Rayshard Brooke of firing back at the police before getting killed. Is that justified?

These people argue that if Brookes wouldn't have resisted arrest by first coming to blows with the police, snatching away their taser and then firing back the taser on them, he wouldn't have been killed like he was. Is this argument correct and if yes then to what extent?

• Toast
    Favorite Answer

If he indeed attacked an officer with a Taser then deadly force was justified. 

As much as I hate to see another brother gunned down. Let us not pretend that this is George  Floyd or Phillando Castile... even if CNN wants us to believe that. 

Brooks absolutely  caused his own death and these  officers should not be witch hunted just because there are other racists cops who got off Scot free b4 them. I do not believe in Peter pays for Paul mindset.The video shows the man clearly innitiated the struggle himself without any provocation from the police (CNN just released another video 1hr ago).....the rest we already know, he wrestled 2 police officers to the ground, punched one in the face, took the taser  and fired it at the officers !

I cannot defend that my brother. No just no.

#BLM ....but Mr. Brooks was wrong here.

Source(s): The video shows it all.

Mr. Brooks once again used the extremely poor judgment that characterized his life.