Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

do you think that eating a dog is not any less moral or less ethical than eating cow, pigs or chickens?

Favorite Answer

Yes, correct,

We have been eating animals since the dawn of times. If you eat pigs, cattle, chickens, sheep, etc but have a problem with eating a dog then in many ways you are a hypocrite

We raise beef cows on our farm and sell them and we put one in our freezer every year. I love a good thick steak cooked on the grill but I would not ever think of eating a dog and yes I think that is very unethical. I think cows, chickens and pigs are for food and dogs are for pets.

• Cathy

It is pretty much the same.  Michelle Obama said his ancestors ate dogs

It is wrong to eat any animal

• Webbo

Bottom line is any pet animal should not be eaten so eating dogs is completely wrong as they are companions to humans.

It depends on what the animal was raised for. If it was raised for food its meant to be eaten. If it was raised for a pet its wrong to eat. Doesn't matter the species. A cow raised as a pet should not be eaten but a dog raised as food can be. 

They are all just animals.  Culture dictates a lot of your eating.  I think our culture says that dogs are human.   In India, cows get too much respect to eat.  In Pakistan the pig is too dirty to eat.  

I prefer to eat large animals without too many bones getting in the way.  Nothing about morals or ethics