Can I install a push button start system into a 2012 VW Jetta SE.?

I recently purchased a 2012 Jetta SE secondhand. No issues upon my

Inspection, however had the starter switch fail and key will no longer turn and had to tow it. Cost of parts and labor, will be just over $600-800 to replace this and get a key retuned. I’m considering switching the car over from standard key, over to push button start. However, I need to know what hurdles I am likely to encounter with this particular vehicle, and with the OEM keysystem that is in place. Furthermore, what kit for push button start would be recommended.

something ODD happened with yours. Find out what it was for ignition switches have been used since the DAWN of the automobile.  Some of those cars that still exist STILL WORK TODAY.  Check out Jay Leno's Garage.

. Yeah, they all use a key. So very odd on an 8 year old car for it to fail.  I am thinking your analysis of the problem is wrong (you don't know what you are ******** talking about)>translated to English street lingo<)

Any car can be made to pushbutton start.  That is 20's technology meaning anyone can steal your bucket of bolts.

You might remember where they pull out some ignition wires and cross them over to HOTWIRE A CAR TO STEAL IT.  Same as push button.

Your key got stupid. Probably near a magnet and it erased its memory.  The key controls the antitheft in your car, the radio won't work without the proper key code and a bunch of other schit.  Easier to replace the key with a new one and a squirt of WD40(maybe in the ignition key part)  

That is all.

I'd try the spare key first. A worn out key may be the problem. If you don't have a spare key go to the dealer and have them cut a new key using the VIN. Don't just make a copy of a worn out key. You can have a cheap key without the transponder made just to check that the ignition switch turns with it. Sometimes just taping the old transponder key under the ignition switch will still keep the immobilizer from shutting the fuel injectors off.

Not worth the money and the effort.  The transmission or the engine could fail next week.  Replace the key cylinder and ignition switch and move on.

Aw yeahhhhh!  You get it gucci gang!