Starting from seeds, how soon could I expect to harvest my first crop of apples?

Half of the answers to this question, all legitimate, have been deleted or ghosted by Yahoo. 

Favorite Answer

5-7 years, but apples are not normally propagated by seed, except to produce new varieties. The fruit will not be like the original and often revert to 'crab apples' which are no good to eat although they can be used to make preserves or cider. You may be lucky and get a delicious new variety, so it is a gamble. You will be better buying young trees from your local garden centre which should fruit in 2-3 yearsNote you will need to buy two trees of different varieties which flower at the same time to ensure cross-pollination.  

Years, if ever.

I think apples are around 8 years? Compared to some other fruit trees that’s not too bad, and it’s best to plant them as soon as you think of it so you get a head start on those 8 years while you decide :)