Price range for a good gaming PC?

Hopefully to run large games such as COD Warzone 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

When building or buying a Gaming PC, the first thing to take a look at is what kind of monitor or TV you will be using. For example, if you plan to use your 4k TV, then you'll want something with a very good graphics card like an RTX 2060 Super at the minimum but an RTX 2070 Super would be better. If you plan to use a monitor with a 144hz refresh rate then you want something with a Good CPU that can keep up with higher framerates. If you plan to play your games on a 1080p monitor with a refresh rate of 60hz-75hz, then you don't need to go all out. A $2000 Gaming PC with a Core i9 and an RTX 2080ti is massive overkill for a standard 1080p monitor, but it would be great for a 1440p/144hz monitor. 

Higher screen resolution.... look for a better GPU

Higher Framerate.... look for a good CPU. 

If you're buying a prebuilt PC at Best Buy then look to spend at least $850 on the tower. $850usd will get you something decent. You might be able to get a better price if there's a Holiday sale. $600 for a prebuilt PC will get you a Potato, unless you get lucky and there's a HUGE sale. It's hard to believe that an extra $850 will get you far.

If you spend around $1000 on a prebuilt PC, then you can get something that has some nice hardware.

Right now isn't the best time to build a PC, but you can still build one at a somewhat decent price. You can build a decent entry level PC for a little over $500, but $700 will get your something that's better. Check out the pcpartpicker build guides if you plan to build your own PC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

• 2 months ago

I recently bought a PC myself. I'd say around 600 to 3000 is good. If you want to run Warzone, your issue will be storage, not processing power. I'd recommend buying a decent $700 PC and then installing an SSD. It isn't too hard, and it helps a lot. Have a good day!

• Boy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

very cheap if you build it. 

if you do decide to build it, your cpu can be adequate, but the graphics card and ram has to be really good.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can buy a pre-built budget desktop system for around $600 without a monitor if you look hard enough for a good sale.  This will be able to play all the games, but you won't be able to run them at max settings.   You have to spent closer to $700-$800 to be able to play all the games at the "Xbox\ps4" spec which most games are designed for.  To get the newest generation graphics and processor that exceeds xbox\ps4 spec you have to spend at least $900 and the sky is the limit.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Depending on your knowledge of computer specs & requirements for the games you wish to play, you generally want to budget AT LEAST $1,000 for a reasonable system.  $2,000 will typically get you a system with the desired high-end specs excluding laptops (which may push you over the $3,000 US mark because of the custom components with the manufacturer you select).

If you're experienced in building your own computers, you could manage to build a system for less, but you would still need around $750 without resorting to the secondary markets for components.

If you're not completely comfortable building a computer from scratch, you could look for a base system with a good motherboard & components that could be upgraded later for a reasonable price & then upgrade later, but you might not be able to get a system with desirable specs for less than building your own... but it's something an adventurous PC builder might attempt.

If you prefer to have somebody else build your computer, some sites like NZXT's Let's BLD ( https://www.letsbld.com/ ) will allow you to build a computer that's guaranteed to run certain games at specific framerate & budgets, but these can easily quote $2,000 or more for a high-end system while more mid-range systems will run around $1,500.

Please be aware that prices listed here are in US Dollars & may vary by country.  These figures are more as a guideline & not a hard rule in terms of pricing, especially if you're planning on going bargaining hunting for components.

• Lex
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I like to go to system labs. I'll post a website in the sources. You can also try and look to building your own PC. You probably could make one around $500 to $700. And they're not that hard to build.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You must do some research.

Get the "Recommended" Specs for the game(s) you intend to play.

Then you find a machine that exceeds those specs.

You may have to buy a lesser machine, with intent to upgrade it.

My Machine purpose built was $4500 US.

Don't think of "Minimum", those machines are NOT satisfactory for game play.

• 2 months ago

you might be able to get a cheap one on amazon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.