Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Do I need to go to therapy for this?

Okay so my mood changes all the time from happy to sad to angry in the same day. Some days I feel everything too strongly then other days I feel nothing and can't even cry. I just feel empty and kind of detached and apathetic.

Sometimes I get so angry that I feel like I'm going to die. Then next day I wake up and realise that I forgot all about it. I remember what happened and why it happened but the memory seems too distant and unrealistic even though it was only yesterday or few days ago.

I get this weird energy from time to time. It makes me uncomfortable yet drives me to do things like sports or cooking. It isn't uncontrollable but I hate myself everytime I get it cause I don't know how to let it out in a healthy way.

Is this some type of disorder? Should I go to therapy for this ? 

P.S : I did blood tests few months ago. I don't have thyroid disease or vitamin deficits

I would talk with the doctor about this. We're in no position to diagnose. I'll just mention that very rapid mood swings can be a sign of borderline personality disorder, an illness that can have very serious symptoms. People with BPD often have self-destructive tendencies. They are vulnerable to drug addiction. If you were diagnosed as borderline, it's likely that the recommended treatment would be a therapy called DBT. To the best of my knowledge, this is the best treatment for BPD - shown to be better than the treatment the control group got in 8 studies (source: Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapies in Practice by Roemer and Orsillo). 

it might help to have therapy for that