Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

Is sex for the first time at 16 ok?

Im seeing this girl and its getting pretty serious and im kinda wondering if i should wait or if i should accept the offer if she ever gives me signs ik this is a son to mom thing but idk what to do serious answers only what do you guys think?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

16 is pretty young.  Sex demands a lot of maturity and responsibility for both emotional and practical reasons.

However, if you think you two might be getting close to it, have a serious conversation, first to make sure you're both on the same page about it -- you both want it -- and second to make sure you prepare properly in terms of birth control and safe sex. You two will need to decide how you want to handle that, what method would be best, and no matter what she uses, YOU should use a condom -- a fresh one for every act of intercourse.

I'd also suggest that you both do some reading about sex in general, about things like foreplay and achieving orgasm, just to familiarize yourself with the basics.  Orgasm works differently for men and women, and you need to know how to help your partner get there.  Remember these two words: clitoral stimulation.  When it comes to sex, they will be the most important you ever learn.

Personally, I think it's best to wait until you graduate from high school, but if you choose not to, just make sure you are well-prepared.  Don't let this happen without any forethought and care.  If you do, it could end up being a bad experience, and your girlfriend could end up pregnant.

Good luck.

• mikey
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Normal age for many to have sex. Just use birth control.

• 5 months ago

Read Lili's comment and take it seriously, please. You didn't give YOUR age, but consider that the girl is underage and if you have sex with her, it could be a case of statutory rape, especially if you are of adult age. You could , even with her consent, end up being criminally charged, go to jail, having to register as a lifetime sex offender, and more.  Enough said.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I’d say no... because 1) you’re not in a serious long term relationship and 2) your age 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Definitely. Just make sure to have safe and protected sex to reduce the risk of STD's.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.