Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Am I sex addict and is it really a problem? ?

So, i often find myself depressed and i suffer from PTSD. I would say that in order to cope with that, i am a rather habit forming person;prone to addiction. It used to be pills or alcohol and it's been food before, etc. But I've noticed an ongoing theme there as well. I am obsessed with sex. It gets more agressive in my sad times, like an addictive coping method i guess. But im ALWAYS thinking about sex. Im never not thinking about it somewhere in my head. Typically, close bonds are difficult for me if they are platonic because im thinking about sex. I think about sex with my husband, with my neighbor, with strangers and even with my therapist. It consumes me. Let me first say, most of it is just thinking about it. Seeing as i am a married woman but it really does interfere with daily life. Sabotaging the conversations with my therapist because im thinking about ******* him, watching porn at work in private and masturbating in the bathroom, fantasizing all day long day,  exhausting my husband, etc. If i stay loyal, is it really harmful? And would you even call it a sex addiction if i dont go ******* around and doing anything for sex? Lol idk..

• david

I do not see any problem here, you sound like a normal woman to me,continue to keep doing and fantasizing and masturbating as often as you can, i find your story kind of hot myself.

I'll mention something you might want to talk about with your therapist. It sounds like what you're talking about is what they call avoidance - dealing with thoughts and feelings that bother you by using things like drugs to escape from them. This is basically what Dialectical Behavior Therapy is all about. 

Thank you for sharing your story with us.