pipp asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Upset stomach after eating?

For the past 2/3 times... after eating carbonara I’ve ended up with a seriously achy upset stomach almost as soon as I finish my last bite... it also leaves you bloated.

As far as I’m aware... I’m not allergic to anything and it’s only just started to happen?

Included are:

-fresh pasta

-Parmesan cheese

-eggs

-chilli

-garlic

-butter

-peas

-chorizo 

Everything I have on that list I eat on a regular basis, so I’m even more confused to why this is happening all of a sudden.

(As mad as it sounds... I don’t even like cheese, so I am definitely NOT a big cheese eater other than this meal)

Does anyone relate to this and have any short term solution to ease the pain ? 

Thanks guys X

It may just be the quantity of carbs and fats in a large carbonara meal. If you are sure none of the ingredients cause an issue for you in isolation then it is most likely the combination of some or all of the ingredients. Carbonara is typically high in fat and carbohydrate at the same time, while being relatively low protein - so this sort of macro nutrient ratio may disagree with you.

My suggestion would be to have a very small serving of carbonara (a few mouth fulls) and see how you react. 

Next you can check if its the combination of eggs, cheese and butter - make a small scrambled eggs with 1 egg, 1 tsp butter and 1 tblsp cheese as the only ingredients and see how you react.

Have you tried burning the calories?