My bf got mad when I told him to stop saying the n word?

He's white and I'm Indian. My bf has a dark sense of humour and I (usually) like it. But sometimes I don't agree with some of his political views. 

He's not racist but sometimes he throws around the n-word casually. Not the full word but the shorter version (n***a). He normally doesn't use it specifically at black people but sometimes he'll say it randomly like (oh that n***a dropped his phone), etc. 

I understand in our society some people are "too sensitive" about certain things, but I don't see why anyone needs to use that word. I believe it contributes to racist culture. I've never said anything about it before but in light of everything that's going on in US, it made me more aware of little things. I don't want to be a silent bystander if someone is doing something wrong. 

Am I overreacting or do you agree I am right? 

When I told him to stop saying it he just responded with 'K'. and every time I tried to explain, he would rudely just say 'K'. I assume he thinks I'm overreacting and thinks I'm being "brainwashed" by media. Which I think is dumb and ignorant but whatever. 

• Foofa

Your boyfriend is an idiot who's going to get a beat down one of these days. Doesn't matter if he gets angry because you should be dumping him anyway. He's clearly not going to change. 

Are you his girlfriend or his mama? Black people use the "n" word constantly,  what's the big deal?

• griggle
      4 weeks agoReport

This isn't an 'issue'. This is you being whiny. How exactly  are you "contributing " to this anyway?  Unless your boyfriend  is a puppet  and you're  the puppeteer,  you have no dog in this fight.