High blood pressure ?! ?

Im a 24 year old girl  i started getting heart attack symptoms last night , checked my blood pressure and it was 145/131 my heart rate was 122 immediatley took 1 aspirin and it went down to 120/80 went to the hospital explained to them what happened and they were like it was just a panic attack! How in the world is this panic if my blood pressure indicated hypertention stage 3 and i had severe symptoms plz help :,( 

• Tavy

One aspirin cannot alter blood pressure, so that proves it was a panic attack. Taking the aspirin made you feel in control which is why you calmed down.

That was a blood pressure spike caused by anxiety and/or an innacurately taken reading. You have to relax and sit still for 3 or 4 minutes. To accurately assess your blood pressure, take 3 readings a day for about a week and then work out the average. 

A Hypotensive Crisis requiring immediate ER evaluation would be 180/120

If it went down right away to 120/80 you're okay. Aspirins do NOT lower BP. Hypertension is diagnosed if your BP is CONSISTENTLY high. Not just for a while. Relax. 

• Red Fox
      1 month agoReport

Glad to help. You may want to try different browsers (Opera, Chrome and Firefox seem to work fine (I'm running macOS). Make sure your browsers AND your OS are running their latest versions. Yahoo is known for being overly sensitive to outdated software. Cheers! 🙂 

You're going to have to see a doctor, get an expert opinion and possibly get medication for it.

It's OK. I have high blood pressure too. I didn't really encounter that until I was about 32. I was like, "really, do I have to start taking tablets?" But, yeah, if you have real blood pressure issues, you should be taking medication for it.

No problem, you take a tablet after breakfast, and you carry on with your life as normal. Actually it's great that we live in an age where we can do something about it.

Don't just ignore it, or think that you can push it to one side. If you have blood pressure issues, you need to get them under control, or you may not even make it to age 50.

Because a panic attack elevates blood pressure and pulse rate.

The doctors actually know what they're talking about. Why disbelieve them?