My nipples are extremely sore?

I'm not pregnant or having my period

Got off that about 2 weeks ago. I didn't bump into anything and no sex either. I'll be 50 in Dec.

Advice from someone who's spent the last year dealing with breast cancer treatment - see a doctor if there is ANY change with your breasts. Maybe it's nothing serious but please don't ignore it. 

The most common cause of sore nipples in women who aren't pregnant or breastfeeding is bras and clothes that irritate the nipples through friction or compression.

Step one is a smooth bra that really fits. No lace or mesh or woven-in designs. If you're comfortable braless around the house, that's even better, so long as your clothes don't irritate your nipples.

Another cause is menopause, with its spike in hormones. Might that be you? You're kind of young, but not ridiculously so.

Some breast cancers can cause soreness, but that's much less likely than the other two. If you're doing monthly self-exams and finding nothing, I wouldn't worry about that.