My Sisters car is registered in my name. Got a ticket for tinted windows. She has moved states. Am I responsible to show up to court? ?

The courts are looking for the driver to be there, not the owner.  It's your sister's fault for not getting the windows "untinted", not yours.

You are the registered owner of a car, so the tinted window problem is the registered car owner''s responsibility to remove. 

My son borrowed someone's car that had a cracked windshield. He was pulled over. The car owner painted the car a green color, but the registration had the car listed as blue. My son got a violation for both issues. He contested the ticket, as it was not his car...so he waited for a court date...the judge let him off. 

Who got the ticket, you or your sister? If the ticket is in your sister''s name,  she goes to court. If the ticket is in your name, you go to court.

The ticket goes to her, the tint violation is yours

I think it depends on what it is for.tinted windows yes since it’s your car.

• J
      1 month agoReport

Parking tickets go to the owner. Traffic tickets go to the driver

yes, it in your name as the registered operator.

• Badge 203
      1 month agoReport

Only the tint violation

That’s such bullsh it. The cops have tinted windows in their cars in my state. They don’t want you to see the sh it that they’re doing but they want to be able to see everything in your car so they can bust you for something. I vowed that the next used car I buy will have tinted windows. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been harassed by cops when just sitting in my car minding my own business. Should’ve sued the motherfuc kers a couple of times. Maybe I’ll get another opportunity. Would love to sue the fuc king crooked cops around here.

Sorry you got a ticket for that. They have no right. The fu cks

Absolutely.  You are responsible for the appearance, for the fine, for removing the tint.  You do realize how foolish you are, right?  If she's in an accident YOU are partially liable.

• J
      1 month agoReport

That’s only true for a parking ticket. Tickets issued by cops during a traffic stop go to the driver. 

Sure are bud.  

This is the risk you take in trying to trick the system. 

You don't say why she has not got it in her name,  but if I was you I would be telling her she either is there on the day or after court you will cancel the registration.

A relative of mine sold a car to her good friend and also failed to transfer it.

She then learned that he was allowing others to use the car.  She quickly told him its coming out of her name. 

you might be, i would ask the dmv about it

yes, of course you are, it's in your name.