Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

I payed a Microsoft technician $650 and I realized its a scam.?

I payed someone at Microsoft 650 dollars and it was in Google Play store gift cards. It seemed suspicious and then after a few days while talking about it to my friend who is more tech savvy then me said that it was a scam. What do I do?

The dude was probably just joking. Why would Microsoft scam you?

• ron h

Yer f*cked.  You know by now it was a thief in. Indonesis.

You don't do anything. Its already done.

you start watching Kitboga videos on youtube or twitch

You can't do anything now. You've already paid out your money to a scam artist. In other words, you didn't pay someone at MICROSOFT. You paid someone in some country half-way around the world to take your funds and access your accounts. Start changing passwords, banking information and other personal data online because they have your info now. 

TIP:  companies like Microsoft, or government agencies like the IRS do NOT take payment in gift cards. EVER. They do not threaten you with emails. They do not ask for money for anything unless you have actually PURCHASED something. Smarten up--because this is a learning curve you don't want to have to ride. 

There is nothing that you can do because you paid with google play cards. lesson learned the hard way.

Okay, don't do it again.

• keerok

If you paid by credit card, you can ask to bank to reverse the deal. It will take a lot of paperwork and you can be sure the swindler will fight it out with you. You have to move fast though. 

Otherwise, nothing you can do.

You did NOT pay someone at Microsoft anything.  You paid a scammer.  Call your CC company holder or whoever you paid for the cards with and plead. They may forgive the charges.

• David

I suspect this is a troll posting the question but if not put it down to experience your money is gone. Microsoft would never do this type of work. I would strongly advise you get your computer checked by a reputable tech or your tech savvy friend. It is quite possible the scammer could have left malware, keyloggers or other nasties on the computer.