Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Is it bad to have high ambitions?

I noticed that I have really high ambitions when I plan for my future. "Am shooting high" as people say and I am wondering if that's a good thing or not.

I'm in my early 20s, I'm studying the thing I like and at this moment I'm just enjoying my life. But... When I think about the future I have really big plans. I want to go and live in another country, I have big career plans, I want to work for one particular company, I want to have enough money to travel, and there are many other things I am aiming for.

Today I was again thinking about my future and about stuff I need to do, how I need to prepare and so on because in two years I'll be graduating, and then it hit me. Am I aiming too high? Are my ambitions too big? 

I'm scared that if I don't make it, it will bring me down to my knees, that I'll get lost in what I want to do and how I want to live my life. But then again, why not try it? Why not just go for it and see what happens, maybe it won't work out but I can atleast say that I tried.

look at how you have done so far in life. Do you reach your goals or are you just a dreamer ?  Some personalities have very high expectations, but they also achieve them.  People sometimes tell me " too high of expectations", but 99% of my 69 years, I've achieved what I set out to do.  Good luck to you

i dont think so

Aim high is really important. It's like a rocket.