Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Pregnant/domestic violence?

I’ve been with my boyfriend 5 months and found out I’m 10weeks pregnant, he has a daughter from a previous relationship which involved a lot of extreme domestic violence which he claims was all one sided. 

He has angry issues which I has witnessed but never towards me. But recently these issues have got worse

I have a 6 year old from a previous relationship and we are due to be moving in together but recently I’ve been very doubtful about our relationship, the pregnancy and moving in together.

I just need an outside perspective on it.

I’ve witnessed the threats from her side however I’ve also seen the anger from his side, then seem to feed each other’s anger 

And I’m just worried eventually it will be like that in our relationship 

People with anger issues have been trained to deal with things in that way. It's their autonomic response. If he has been in an extremely domestic violent relationship it is probably he is not completely innocent BUT even if the way he has learned or acts about issues outside your relationship, one day when he is comfortable enough, will at some point be the way he acts inside it. People also get stuck in patterns. sometimes people do things because its what they're used too. If he is used to being in a toxic relationship he may not know how to be in a healthy one.  

He has anger issues and will get worse when new baby arrives and in the end you will end up an abused single mum so you are better being on your own and raising the child. Good Luck

He's abusive and you should not move in with hem let alone have a kid with him. I would talk to social services to see what they could do about the situation with his kid - that aggressiveness is only going to get worse unless he seeks help for it now.

Bringing another kid into this while he is aggressive would not be very optimal - that could make the situation even worse.

Leave before it's too late!

• Margo1 month agoReport

Can social services disclose anything to me? And my concern would be him or his ex finding out that I’ve contacted social services?