can I buy a cash car at 17?

I’m 17 at the moment and I’m wanting to buy my first own car, but a cash car. I was seeing if that was possible at my age and if I could do monthly payments at my age...?

• Scott

A "cash car" is a car you buy with cash, no? Then why would you need to make monthly payments? You aren't old enough to sign a financial contract, so you can't finance anything until after you turn 18.

You can buy a car for cash.  Since you are under 18, no one will lend you money to buy a car.  Contracts are not binding on minors.

• CB

Cash car and payments are mutually exclusive. Cash car - you hand over the entire amount of cash for the car. Payments - you pay it off in installments using some kind of loan. Too young for a loan or to sign a title.

It's not illegal to get someone over 18 to take credit out on your behalf and you pay the instalments but of course they would have to really trust you.

• Rick

nope, as you are still one year to young to sign a legally binding contract ..........