Another power flier staring at me like I'm crazy because he doesn't know how gliders work....?

He wasn't worried about thermals or flight time he just had it in his mind that if it doesn't have a motor it must be a waste of time because a glider just going to simply come back down again. No clue about the top of weather or the top of lighter or the weight. Just a one-track minded if it doesn't have a motor then it must be foolishness. The only fool was himself.

Favorite Answer

Lol... .....another glider pilot desperately looking for validation. 

I could tell you an awful lot about lift because I’m a power pilot. Power means I can do a lot of experimenting with little risk. 

The members of the local club always fly the windward sides of the ridges and are always confused if the wind changes directions or there are no Cus to find thermals... ....even with their varios beeping incessantly like an 80s keytar. 

Meanwhile I’m on the lee side in strong convergence... ...going up 2000 FPM in a plane that barely manages 500 on the iron thermal (which equates to about 15 knots of lift in pretentious glider pilot speak). 

But yeah.. ...just going around in circles trying and failing to find the core.. go do an FAI triangle and success is when you get back to where you started.. ..failure is actually going somewhere which means out landing, explaining to some poor farmer why you ruined his crops with your frivolous activities underwritten by poor decision making, and getting a bunch of poor lackeys to come up and help you de rig your likely damaged glider rather than just flying home like the rest of us do.. ... lol. 

• Narcissist but thanks for long reply

You forgot to ask a question at the end of your rant

You forgot your meds today doctor.