Can I connect my IBM PC jr to the internet?  ?

• Lex

Sure. The internet was around then, although not nearly as robust. You probably need a phone line and a modem. 

I hope you are motivated and resourceful. On the hardware side, you could use the serial port to connect to something else that happens to have both a serial port and internet access. Or, with the parallel port sidecar for the PCjr there's the Xircom PE3-10BT, an Ethernet adapter that plugs into a parallel port.

Then you'll need device drivers and software that knows how to use them. mTCP is a suite of TCP/IP tools for DOS, believe it or not still being maintained: https://www.brutman.com/mTCP/mTCP.html . While it has things like FTP, telnet, ping, an HTTP file getter, and even a web server, you aren't going to have the web experience you were hoping for. But for some people, they're just going to all that trouble because they can. Good luck!

i dont see why not

• Lex
      1 month agoReport

Dude, do you even know what an IBM PC Jr is? You seriously just need to stop answering for the sake of answering.