Dominique asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Are white noise machines good for sleep?

Do you have any personal experience with one?

Favorite Answer

Yes. I have used one for 20 years, and it still works. I prefer the sleep machine that allows you to slide open and close so you generate the exact sound you like. I had tried sleep machines that have sounds of wind blowing, thunder and lightning, but the airy sound is best. You can set it for one sound and it remains there until you change the mechanism to offer more choices of sound. The Sound Machine I use costs $45  20 years ago, and  today, the same machine costs $49. Go to Hammacher.com and search for the sound machine. Some doctors have sound machines in their waiting room to soothe patients' pain of waiting.

harrald

• Amy

I have used one my whole life really.  We live about a mile from the interstate with a train that runs right  by it so it can be a bit noisy around here.  I need something to filter out all that noise

i use a  fan at night and it helps me not to hear my neighbors

• Rick

not that per say, but when I worked nights, I always had a fan on when I slept for background noise ..............