What operating system do you use and why?

I have two computers, both Unix systems, Mac OS 10.15 and Debian GNU/Linux 10

• MIKE

windows 10 because apps i use actually run faster on it than the previous versions of windows. I do like windows 7 but some apps stopped being reliable on it. But i still have it as a 2nd boot alternative

I use Windows 10 because most of the software I use works with Windows.

WINDOWS 10 FOR SMOOTH OPERATING

Sinclair BASIC.  I use it as it's the only Operating System that runs on my Sinclair ZX81 personal computer. ;-)

• micksmixxx
      1 month agoReport

@sirjester099.  You're right about it being a TOOTHLESS dinosaur, sir.  It's not even capable of running DOS as it only has 1 KB (Kilobyte of RAM).

Linux isn't UNIX! You either have UNIX or you don't!

Windows 10, Xubuntu and Raspbian.

I run Windows 10 on my home computers. I've always used Windows (Win 98 was the first OS I used as a kid in the early 2000s) so I'm pretty familiarized with Windows in general. I have dabbled with Linux over the years but have never really pushed myself to learn it. That is until I took a couple of Linux courses at a community college as part of my networking program. I still haven't made a huge effort to fully learn Linux, but I have definitely implemented some Linux in my home network. I run a home ESXi server that has some Ubuntu servers for my Pi-Hole adblocker, Ubiquiti controller, OpenVPN access server, and am in the process of setting up a Plex media server.

I use Microsoft Windows, and Linux.

No, you don't use Unix. I tried using Unix, and trust me when I say you are not using Unix.

"Some other major commercial versions include: SunOS, Solaris, SCO UNIX, AIX, HP/UX, and ULTRIX. The freely available versions include FreeBSD (FreeBSD is based on 4.4BSD-Lite)"

Did you use any of the above operating systems? I tried using one of them!

If I remember correctly I think it was FreeBSD that I tried to use.

The above operating systems are UNIX operating systems!

Unix is the most difficult brand of OS that I ever used, and I was not able to figure out how to use it.

I used Mac as well. I think the three brands of OS that I used were easier to use than Unix. If you want a challenge then try learning how to use one of those Unix Operating systems that I mentioned above.

I am an I.T. guy, and that should be a good enough reason as to why I used all of those brand of operating systems.

Lastly I have 6 computers as of June 2020, so my computers have Microsoft Windows, and Linux on it.

• harry1 month agoReport

why we should trust you!

Facebook because all the gals are on there.

Unironically Windows 10