What do you think of breastfeeding?

I think it's okay but my sister thinks it's weird and called me a mean name because I am planning to breastfeed my future children. What do you think of it? and if you did it, was it painful?. 

• Matt
    Favorite Answer

It's perfectly natural, it's healthier than formula and contains more nutrients for your baby without any of the additives or preservatives, it helps you to bond with your baby, it's easier than sterilizing bottles, it's cheaper than buying formula and it's more convenient when you are out and about. What's not to like? Tell your sister to take a hike...

It is definitely a good idea

• alan P

It's disturbing that anyone would think that breastfeeding is weird and would criticize you for it.

for the husband >? yep good idea 

• Savannah
      1 month agoReport

How disgusting and no, for the child.

It's very healthy for both mother & child.  Many more children now have allergies or catch various diseases largely because of the great reduction in breastfeeding in recent years.  Through the milk, the child obtain many antibodies that prevent or reduce the severity of diseases.  Mothers who breastfeed, especially for longer periods, tend to have less incidence of breast cancer.  Before the "Industrial Revolution" (c. 1800), it was common for mothers to breastfeed until the child was two years old.  Now, some get none at all.  Among the pygmy tribes of central Africa, children are commonly breast-fed to age 4.  Your sister is silly.  She needs to realise that Queen Victoria has been dead for 119 years.     

• Iambi

I don't  have children yet but I am looking forward to it! So is my hubby! Lol he say mybreasts will be huge and he can suck them too! Lol

It was a long time ago but I did breastfeed my daughter but if I had to go back in time I would use formula as it gives the father or grandparents time to feed the baby and let the mother rest as it is very tiring feeding a baby every four hours or less. My daughter was a healthy child but as she got older she developed a list of allergies and went on to have severe egg allergy and asthma and both of her kids were born with the egg allergy so breastfeeding didn't stop allergies.

• Georgina1 month agoReport

you can also pump and bottle the milk so family can feed the baby in that way.

Breastfeeding is 100% natural, totally OK the best start in life a mother can give to any child. Breastfed babies grow up happier and healthier. You are right.