Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

What do you think of the name Alexandra (with the nickname Sasha) for a girl?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I love the name Alexandra (much better than Alexandria) and I think Sasha sounds fine for a nickname.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Personally, I prefer Alexandria. But that’s not the question. I’m not overly fond of Sasha, but it’s definitely unique. 

Another unique take could be Andria, or Andra with your version. I like that. 

• Faithe
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I'm probably in the minority, but I never understood naming a child one thing with the intention of CALLING the child something else.  If you like the name Sasha, name the child Sasha.  If it's that you love both names but can't decide, flip a coin and/or save one name in case you have another daughter, or write a book or poem with the main character having that name.

If that's not enough help, you could also considerhow each of those names sounds along with the last name

what the baby's father likes

that you can name/call the baby whatever you like - including two names - she'll get used to it   (Eventually, to other people, the name or names will not be what the name sounds like but what the child is like.  People will hear the name you've given and/or the name she is called and be happy because they'll associate that name or names with that child.

• GB
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Same here.  I think parents should do this, especially the one who chose the name. Saving the proper name for scolding, ruins a good name, imo.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It was really common starting in the mid 90's.  Alexandra is a pretty name.  I like Alexandria better.  Sasha as a nickname is okay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Helen
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sasha doesn't work as a nick name. Alex, Allie, Alexa, Lexa or Lexie would be better. 

• Alexandra4 weeks agoReport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_(name)

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you like Sasha, then you should use "Tasha" for your baby girl....

• 4 weeks ago

I really like the name Alexandra, but I don’t know why her nickname would be Sasha...? Wouldn’t her nickname be Alex, or Lexi, or something like that? It makes more sense.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I love Alexandra but I dislike . Sasha. So many other nice nicknames for it but it you like it go for it

• 4 weeks ago

nope....................

• Moya
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Very  nice  name ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.