Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Was Dr. Martin Luther Kind Jr. racist against whites?

Favorite Answer

No, not at all. Don’t quote me on this because I’m not sure but that might’ve been more the style of Malcolm X, who came later and was more militant. Martin Luther King Jr. was a very spiritual individual and he was well aware that people of all races could be oppressed. 

It was just that at that time the black people in this country were particularly oppressed and I guess he had to sort of focus on them more than on other groups. But he certainly did not discriminate. 

White people attended his speeches and rallies and marches as well. He was a very inspiring human being. Amazingly intelligent, visionary and spiritual. I am a white male but I remember being a little kid and listening to his speeches and then daydreaming  that I was giving those speeches as well to a huge crowd of people just as he was doing.  And lifting all those people up and inspiring them. 

I am a white male but it didn’t seem to matter. My birthday also falls on the same day as his and I seem to have some things in common with him astrologically. So go figure. I remember the day he was shot and killed also. For some reason it bothered me more when he got assassinated then when John F. Kennedy did. Not sure why. But I remember both of those events.

You should check out some of Martin Luther King’s Jr.’s speeches on YouTube if you never have. Really inspiring. He had a laser-like mind that just cut through all the hypocrisy into the truth of the matter. But his speeches were still very poetic and almost musical. I think a lot of it had to do with the quality of his voice.

No, he was not. In fact, he started the Poor Peoples Campaign which included people of every race.  There's a couple of ministers keeping this campaign alive. Google it.

• Mike

Nope  .His  so  called  followers  Al Sharpton  and Jessie  Jackson are racist

MLK began as an activist on black issues, civil rights, etc.  But later in  his career he realized that there were more related issues, and he became a SJW, a Social Justice Warrior.  He fought against the War in Vietnam, for instance.