I have a 2011 Toyota Camry and the brakes have been making a grinding noise when I stop. Now today I started hearing a knocking noise?

I bought brake fluid to see if it just needed fluid and was going to put in in the morning. But now I was driving it and I hear a knocking noise while the car is driving but when it’s stopped that knocking noise goes away. Could that be related with the brake issue or is it something completely different? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

If you've been driving even for a week with bad brake pads when the brake material is gone the brake pad metal grinds into the rotors and I've seen people wait so long that the rotors come apart and they lose all braking ability. 

• Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You should quit while you're behind and take it to a mechanic.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Considering your other question, I would say you suck at this trolling thing

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

" bought brake fluid to see if it just needed fluid"??  Please see a mechanic.  Please.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your brakes were shot - now they are more shot and exponentially more expensive to fix.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That knocking sound is the cost of repairs skyrocketing because you ignored the wear indicators on your brakes.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yeah, break your car even more!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.