How do I tell her?

Ok I am 14 and I'm bisexual. A few weeks ago I got asked out. I said yes. The thing is my mom doesn't believe that I'm bisexual so I don't know how to tell her that I have a girlfriend. I'm a girl.

"Coming Out" isn't always the best idea, a family isn't someone you are born to. A family is people you feel comfortable and accepted by, people you can be yourself to with no pressure. If you feel that your biological parents won't accept you after "Coming Out" then don't and find people who you can freely be yourself with. Remember "Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind".

z think you're rash to the verge of foolishness to think that at 14 you can make a definitive statement about your sexual preference.  Realistically, you don't know ZIP about human sexuality.  You've attained puberty & aren't a "girl" any longer.  You're a woman.  Get used to that fact & stop referring to yourself as a child.  You're in a period of intense hormonal creation & physical & psychological change.  Believe me: You WILL be a dramatically different person in 4-5 years.  You should always be honest & open with your mother: She knows a great deal more than you give her credit for.  Tell her of your thoughts & feelings.  She can be a huge help to you in these years.    

Elizabeth: Nothing I wrote suggested NOT exploring her sexuality.  However, she seems to make a hasty conclusion based on meager evidence (at best).  Most younger people I know can rely on their parents for guidance on matters about growing up.  As for me, my mother died when I was 11, & my father was useless, but I figured it out.  She can too, but should be patient.    

• Elizabeth
      1 month agoReport

Or, depending on her mental health, or her 'religion', she could be the death of you.  Only you know your mother.  If you want to explore your sexuality, now is the time to do it.  

• Iambi

Don't tell her you are bi it will be easier! That way you guys can have sleep overs and not have your mom worry about what you girls are doing when you are together! Trust me!

Frankly, it is easier for all concerned if you do not tell her.  

• kswck2

Stay in school and wonder about this when you hit puberty.