Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 weeks ago

Question for the Yahoo Global Warming regulars.  Are there Russian trolls here?

Favorite Answer

LOL @ the Russian troll craze. 

Actually, the trolls here are alarmist and they're paid.  That is a fact.

They once sat here 24/7 and moved EVERY opposing question to Abuse & Spam.  Their bot kept all those questions in Abuse & Spam.  I experimented by posting questions day & night, and they never failed to move a question within 5 minutes.

Their bot got dismantled, so now they delete questions more.

Dirac and Elizabeth are 2 paid trolls.  I believe Dirac suffers from mild mental illness with pathological lying, narcissism, and obsession.  I will concede however, that some of his lying and obsession is to protect his job here.

• arther

don't know about Russian trolls. There is no intelligence in the whole section just a bunch of artists that crap on. Everyone that comes here has nothing better to do.

• JimZ

Russia would have to be pretty desperate to spend much effort on YA.  YA has pretty much collapsed, pretty much like the former Soviet Union, without a shot fired.  We still have the stalinists that post here and try to prop up their old Red agenda but they have become ridiculously shrill lately and I don't think they even believe the tripe they spew.  

I have read a lot of books on mythology, paleoanthropology, and cryptozoology and I don't remember where I read it but in a book I read, the author suggested that the term troll may be remnant Neanderthals that may have survived until a few thousand years ago in Scandinavia so it is hard for me to not think of that when I hear the term troll.  I have a certain affection for Neanderthals so the term troll has some positive meanings for me.   Interestingly, I also remember reading something once from a rabbi ("expert" on word origin) that suggested that the term scapegoat was actually mistranslated and I forget the details but he said his research indicated that it wasn't a goat but a Neanderthal (Caine) like individual.  So it is a scapeNeanderthal or maybe a scapeTroll.  

I should add that the truly disturbing part of that story in case it isn't obvious, is that a goat was sacrificed in their ceremony and that is the origin of scapegoat so if it wasn't always a goat but a member of a dying species of Neanderthal, if that is what Caine was and I wouldn't say there is much evidence for that, then they were killing a Neanderthal instead of a goat.  Sorry about wandering so far off topic.

Maybe ... trolls have bred and are now found in every country.

• Dirac

It's certainly possible. My guess is that the main troll in here (Clown Crusher, etc.) is either mentally ill or is a Russian troll.  I think it's more likely that he's mentally ill. I doubt that anyone else is a Russian troll.  Most of the deniers are just scientifically illiterate.

EDIT: The troll (here calling himself "Clown Crusher") says

"Dirac and Elizabeth are 2 paid trolls. I believe Dirac suffers from mild mental illness with pathological lying, narcissism, and obsession. I will concede however, that some of his lying and obsession is to protect his job here."

Here's the deal--nobody pays me to post here. Also, I don't lie here, pathologically or otherwise. If I did lie, it should be very easy to catch me, since I make a lot of factual statements and unlike you and JimZ, I don't hide my questions and answers.  If you think I've lied, just point to a question or answer here where I did and bring out the contradictory evidence.  I'm quite certain that you won't be able to.

As for narcissism, well I do admit that when I see so many people like yourself, Daro, Sagebrush, JimZ, etc., that are so completely incompetent at science that it does bring up my own view of myself. On the other hand, Elizabeth seems at least as competent scientifically and a whole lot more level-headed, so perhaps that knocks me down a notch. And yes, YA is kind of an obsession, I've been here way too long, although it is a bit of a distraction when I get bored with actual work.