Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I am to be married. My cousin, on his fifth marriage, has never invited me to any wedding of his. Should I be the bigger man and invite him?

It is my first marriage; my intended spouse is another man. My cousin, somewhat conservative, nevertheless gets married, cheats, and then marries the new woman. He then repeats the cycle. I, on the other hand, am 50 years old and have never cheated in my life.

Favorite Answer

forget about being the bigger man...do you want som jackass to ruin your wedding because he is against gays...cause from my perspective that is exactly what he will do...being heavily christian and all...he sounds like a heckler

I have no idea why soon-to-be marrieds think it's a big deal to be invited to their wedding.  Half of the guests don't even want to go!

I fail to see how not inviting him is punishment.

Punish me - in the event we know each other, PLEASE don't invite me.  Nothing to do with homophobia and everything to do with boring, boring, boring weddings.

I would not invite a homophobe (and one who sounds like a complete douche, too) to my wedding. Do what you will, but I would be much happier on my big day without that kind of person in the picture.

• Leto

Who you invite to your wedding is up to you and your future spouse.