Why did Koreans fight so hard in the Vietnam war.?

One memoir I read by an American soldier (no the winners do not necessarily write the history books), the VC were sending mortar rounds into his base. ROK Tigers were sent out to stop this, and they literally came back with the mortar operators heads. Man for man I think the VC feared the Koreans the most, then the Aussies. 

• 1. Koreans had a reputation of being dominated by China and Japan. South Korea wanted to prove that they were a battle hardened army from the Korean war.

2. South Korea was determined to prevent South Vietnam from the same fate Korea went through. 

• KaleyK

Koreans .. north and south ... are voracious fighters.  Fighting is part of their culture, their nature, and their history.  You may know the South Korean units in Vietnam were ruthless, taking no prisoners, and having no qualms about killing every last enemy they encountered. 

• michinoku2001
      1 month agoReport

Yeah, I have been to Seoul, yeah they were having a fight or two.

They were promised food and a bath.