Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I’m getting married in a month but my mom doesn’t approve? ?

She doesn’t approve of him anymore because last time we argued he told me some hurtful words. I have to travel to marry him and now my mom doesn’t want to go with me. I understand she’s upset of the problems we have but who doesn’t have problems? No one is perfect. Everything is payed. And she told me she’s not going idk how I’m going to do it. I said I really want her to come with me but if she’s not going to support me then i would have to fly alone. She got mad she said “ then if that’s your choice deal with the consequences” why is She acting like that?! I help her every single time at home, I help her with her two extra jobs aside from the two jobs I have myself. I’m 27 years old. Does she not want me to marry? I don’t understand. My last relationship I was engaged as well and the wedding didn’t come through cuz he cheated. And this one is not going to come true because of my moms decision? I’m depressed... 

Perhaps she doesn't want you to go because she has realised that you will no longer be there to "

help her every single time at home, I help her with her two extra jobs aside from the two jobs I have myself".

Seems both the fiance and the mom see you as their meal ticket and not a person in your own right?

I'll try to give you a slightly different answer than I did last time you asked. What is real is that your Mother only knows about his occasional scoundrel behavior from YOU. So she knows how it effects YOU. And it makes her too sad to think about what YOUR life will be like with this man that she just can't celebrate it. She's not trying to be mean. You can go ahead and wed if you wish. She can't bring herself to witness it. You're an adult. 

It seems you have a few major red flags in front of you. You and your fiance are already having financial problems and your mom does not approve of him. There has to be a reason why she does not approve of him. 

Here is a reliable source (The Bible) that many couples have analyzed before marriage, some went along with marrying their partner while others saw this verse as a warning for them.

Proverbs 27:12- The shrewd person sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.

You never want to be "Stuck" in a marriage. If you are seeing red flags and are stressed over marrying this person because of things he's been doing, it's only going to be worse after marriage. Because now, you are legally bound to this person. I suggest you two sit down and put everything on the table, if you both still agree to marry, that is your business nobody's else. But if you or your fiance decide its best to go your separate ways, take it as an opportunity to find and marry the Perfect person for you.

You're in theory 27 years old, probably traveling to meet some on line guy, and you need the permission of strangers?

Okay.  You have my permission.

• lala

At 27 you do not need your mother to fly 

Comman !!! I mean 27 ?? Or are you just 17 

And this guy is verbaly abusive and he will get worse 

Do not expect a happy married life with him