Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Peaceful protesters, what will you do when you...?

Need to call the cops in your city to protect you and you find that they are now only doing the absolute minimum law enforcement because of fears of being accused of racism and police brutality?

• Bruce

They have no worries.Every cop I've talked to agrees the way Floyd was treated was inappropriate. I'm sure they will be treated quite fairly. 

It would be just a matter of having police force have whatever is required to screen off racists officers. If 2 or 3% of police are racists, identifying them and firing them would not make the force much smaller, but those 2 or 3% are enough to give a bad rep to the remaining 97%.

See what I am aiming at?

If the police force is organized such that racists and violent sadists are not screened out, or worse, are protected by union when they do something bad, then it is that problem that needs addressing.

• .
      4 weeks agoReport

Naive.