Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 weeks ago

Should I enjoy my life or keep saving?

Hello every one,

Long story to short I am 48 years old who has been retired for 2 years . I used to worked 7 days  aweeks . I lived frugal life and keep all saving money to invest.

So far we have net worth around $3 million. We currently live off from our rental income( We have several properies with no loan), we have house paid for already so we spend about $60k a year for family of 4 in california we still can save about $50k a year sincre  we retired.

I am all the times worry about one day money will run out.

All my life I never drive the new car cost more than $15k. I really want to save money to buy an other house but alot of times I want to buy the new tesla car to enjoy life little bit.We dont drive too much any more but I really want to experience the new car feeling and have fun with the girls.

The reason we are retired because our job was not good for our health in long run and we want to spend times with our daughters before they going to college .

do you think $3 millions is enough to retired? should we save to buy the other house ( it may takes us 10 more years to live frugal ) or should we spend $100 k cash we have to buy a tesla just to enjoy?

I appreciate all comments

There's nothing wrong with saving, but if you saved everything for your retirement, you should try to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Your kids have all their lives to make something out of themselves, with your support. If you are unsure about the car, try renting one out to see if you would actually like it. The moment a car leaves a dealerships lot it loses 30% of its value.

Keep saving and being frugal you really don't need tge trending car either.

Lots of cheaper choices.

Yes the money always runs out

Invest, invest, save, save. Leave money to your kids, because you know you would want that for yourself. Also teach your kids how to save so that they dont waste it.

BOTH.         

Well 4 months ago you were 44 years old, so you’re full of shyt.

Lol...just 4 months ago you were 46.

Source(s): Your profile question history

You have way more than me and I have not worried about it for a very long time.

But I would not buy a Tesla if I had 4 times as much as you. It would not make me or you happier.