Anonymous

Am I a racist?

When I'm home alone, I'll say the N word in songs, maybe pretend like I'm hollering at a black guy by saying 'wadap N'

But I don't do it im the presence of others. 

I do the same with Asians using the C word. 

Racism is a firm faith in truly thinking you 

are superior based on said perceived "race"

& since such is all made-up it's all rubbish

anyhow °¡°

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

It sounds like you are

Everyone is racist, so whether or not that's an example, yes you are.

What we do in private, is often indicative of what is occurring within our mind. Just because one is acting in a certain way in private, doesn't mean that it won't at some point manifest publicly. Nor does it excuse the behavior if said behavior is immoral. In your case, you are using words that are derogatory to African-Americans and Asians, however, you are doing it in private. What you have to understand is, when you act or even say words that are offensive, you are legitimizing or affirming that the use of such words is appropriate. 

What can happen, is that you will more than likely exhibit this behavior in public when you least expect it. That is because, you have trained your mind to believe that these words are harmless and that you are using it privately. The mind sees the offensive words as appropriate, because you have allowed yourself to become accustomed to using such negative words. Does it make you a racist? I would say that by rehearsing these words, you open the door to discrimination which is of course, under the umbrella of racism. If you have to ask a question like this, then it should send a signal to you that your choice of words and the music you listen to is highly question and perhaps offensive. 

• KaleyK

Racism is a philosophy that one race is superior to another.  If you believe in that philosophy you are a racist.  The use of the n-word can be rude, inappropriate, and stupid, but it is not in-and-of-itself racist. 

• y

Yes, the fact you even focus on this crap proves it.