Help for a musician please ?

I have really messed up in my life, all I actually have which is keeping me from a life of poverty is music. I feel I know I’m good and I am confident, yet I am never noticed, rarely asked to do gigs and rarely getting any recognition. I have many times regretted my life choices which have come to a point of music money or poverty. 

Do any musicians out there have any tips on being noticed or what I can do, 

Thanks 

I am a 19 year old guitarist/singer/songwriter aswell. Can play many other instruments and often use recording and editing to record all tracks in my songs 

• Foofa

You just have to promote yourself and social media has made that easier than ever. But the arts have never been a reliable way to earn a living. This is why most musicians have to teach music on the side as they pursue what is for most an impossible dream. 

Musicians are artists, and unfortunately most artists don't get paid well, or even at all for doing what they love. People think that because it is your passion, they don't need to pay you. Or that exposure is enough payment.

Music like all art is a luxury, and there is a lot of it out there already, so it's not a reliable form of income. While you are trying to make it in the music world, you need to find a regular job to pay the bills.

• thesun

You need to realize that even though music may be your passion, you need to get a job working night shift in a toilet paper factory to pay the bills....